Their breath-taking red and white coloration makes this one of the most sought-after shrimp in the world!Crystal Red Shrimp (Caridina cantonensis) are notorious for their very striking red and white coloration that makes them stand out magnificently against any backdrop or substrate. We have offered these special shrimp in the past, and we are thrilled for the opportunity to offer them again to our newer customers! These shrimp are A-S grade, meaning the intense coloration covers most or all of the body. Higher grades of Crystal Red Shrimp actually have more white coverage and less red coverage, and can be very difficult to keep as they are much more sensitive than these. Because of this, A-S grade Crystal Red Shrimp are the best starting point for anyone that wants to keep Crystal Red Shrimp. Also, though this is a matter of opinion, we personally find A-S grade shrimp to be the most beautiful because they have equal amounts of red and white. We also have the same type of shrimp in black and white, called a "Crystal Black Shrimp." They will breed with these and produce either black/white or red/white offspring only, making an absolutely gorgeous-looking colony of striped shrimp. Along with this, we do also offer a combo pack. Click the blue link for more details.
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Features unique and striking striped coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 70° - 78° F (21° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 6.8
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred in and indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/8 - 1/2 inch (.32 - 1.3 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!